Pre-Procedure Instructions (All Procedures)
Providing our patients with the finest possible surgical care available today is our continuing goal. We take pride in helping our patients have a very positive experience while under our care. The following instructions will help us provide you with the high quality care that you deserve:
1. If you are having IV sedation for your procedure, please see our pre-anesthesia instructions section for detailed information. In short, you may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to your procedure for your safety. You also must have someone to drive you home stay on premises throughout the procedure.
2. Please take all of your regular medications (even if being sedated) unless otherwise advised at your consultation appointment.
3. Brush your teeth prior to your appointment.
4. Wear clothing that is loose around your neck and short sleeves or sleeves that are easily rolled up. Do not wear flip flops or any type of slide shoe. Tennis shoes are ideal.
5. Do not wear contact lenses (or bring something to put your contacts in once you arrive at our office), make-up or jewelry.
6. No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
7. If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
8. Any patient under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (with documentation of guardianship).
REMEMBER, worrying about your surgery is the worst part of the procedure. You will be very surprised how easy things will be, so RELAX!